Leon Battista Alberti’s Treatise on Love
The Deiphira Translation Project
The Deiphira Translation Project will bring together a group of scholars to:
- Transcribe the digitized version of Leon Battista Alberti’s Deiphira, held at Harvard’s Houghton Library, MS Typ 422, a unique manuscript with marginal notations, perhaps added by the author himself;
- Translate the transcribed text and prepare it for digital publication;
- Compile a bibliography of further readings on this and related Alberti texts.
The goals of the project are to:
- Produce and disseminate an English-language version of one of Alberti’s minor works;
- Create a scholarly community centered around the text;
- Introduce collaborative modes of scholarship based on digital tools and workflows.